Today marks the completion of our 1st of many face-to-face meetings as we try to run this operation semi-virtually. John came into Chicago on Feb 15th and left March 1st. We:
- Further nailed out our business plan and strategy, including a bunch of competitive analysis
- Met with our lawyer to discuss legal matters
- Met with my cousin Julie to discuss design, logo, etc.
- Set up our development environment
- Defined the functional requirements and use cases along with some UI mockups
- Learned an incredible amount on the technical side
- Coded up a 1st pass of the initial functionality
- Divided up the remaining functionality so that we can work individually over the next 2 weeks.
Pretty productive I must say. We basically worked non-stop everyday, trying to ride the energy flow whenever we had it (which was almost always since excitement is high at the beginning). Some fun notables:
- Consumed almost 1.5 pounds of Costco ground coffee. I’m getting great use out of a coffee maker I bought from Best Buy with a going away gift card from my HP team (Thanks guys!)
- Witnessed at least 3-4 sunrises before going to bed (I think a little past 7am was the latest/earliest)
- Consumed an undisclosed amount of light beer (you have to celebrate incremental victories )
- Bought 90 chicken thighs from Costco (but no, we didn’t consume them all)
- Consumed almost 3 pounds of spinach
- Averaged about 5-6 hours of sleep (it’s hard to sleep when the sun seeps through the blinds and when there’s code to be written!)
Not bad for 2 weeks. The plan is now to spend the next 2 weeks working individually on our assigned parts before we reconvene in Seattle in mid-March. I’ll try to keep the blog posted when I take breaks…but now it’s time for some much needed rest. goodnite.