Today SEOmoz announced its Web 2.0 awards for 2007 and to our surprise we got Honorable Mention for City Guides & Reviews!! We didn’t even know we were in the running.
It’s a real honor to be named amongst the other web giants. It recognizes the progress we’ve made and motivates us even more to keep pushing towards our goals.
Here’s a rundown of the City Guides & Reviews winners and their financial backings:
- Yelp! – $16 million in funding (1st round – $6 m, 2nd round – $10 m)
- Judy’s Book – $10.5 million in funding (1st round – $2.5 m, 2nd round – $8 m)
- Yahoo! Local - $6+ billion in annual revenue (Yahoo)
- Google Local – $10+ billion in annual revenue (Google)
- Live.com Local - $14+ billion in annual revenue (Microsoft)
- MENUISM – Self-funded
- Citysearch – $6+ billion in annual revenue (Interactive Corp)
The Web 2.0 awards as described by the site:
Our team reviewed hundreds of sites in the Web 2.0 sphere to uncover the best in each of 41 categories. From there, we assembled a team of 25 of the most knowledgeable, well-respected experts in the field to vote on the winners.
Thanks to the SEOmoz team, the esteemed judges, any readers who might have nominated us, and, of course, our wonderful users. Every victory is worth celebrating!