I can’t believe it’s been 3 years of entrepreneurship. It continues to be an experience I cherish and whole-heartedly recommend. Being your own boss and having the flexibility to work on what you want, when you want and from where you want really is priceless.
2008 brought some great new milestones for us:
- Redesigned Menuism and got it to a nice level of profitability.
- Got The Wedding Lens up and running with a professional design after soft-launching in 2007. Did you know what we’ve stored over 50,000 photos for wedding couples with some couples hitting almost 2,000 photos for their wedding!
- 1st full year of pay from our revenue-generating properties (no consulting necessary – yay!).
- Launched PickFu in less than 2 weeks.
- Launched the Greener Good blog.
- Joined forces with Chuck Templeton to form Delta Beans, LLC, the new holding company for all our properties.
All in all a great year! While our properties are now owned by Delta Beans, the two-bit blog will stick around as way to continue to document the experience. Each day always brings more learnings as we try to grow and juggle an increasing number of projects.
Personally, here are some goals I have for 2009:
- Document the startup/entrepreneur experience better. I’m tossing around the idea of doing this in a wiki/e-book format.
- Be much greener. Greener Good helps with this.
- Eat less meat and be healthier.
- Read more. Books, not blogs.
I’m not even going to try to promise blogging more since I don’t want to make a promise I can’t keep, but you can always connect with me on Twitter and I’ll try to do better about blogging .
Have a great year!